The Group in detail
EcoRodovias is a business group operating in the Brazilian infrastructure and logistics sector, with a special focus on highway concessions. We form part of ‘Novo Mercado’ or ‘New Market’, coordinated by B3, and we are a publicly traded, private-sector company, with Primav and the Gavio Group operating as the controlling shareholders.
Our operations include the administration of tourist and overseas-commerce corridors in key-regions of Brazil, including the Port of Santos, the metropolitan regions of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Curitiba, the Brazilian Central West - an important grain production and transportation region - and the Port of Paranaguá.
In 2020, we evolved with a portfolio that saw expansion based upon acquisitions made in previous years - Eco135 and Eco050 - and important investments in projects focused on the safety and flow of traffic. We closed the year with positive performance indicators, even considering the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
More than two decades of history and leadership in the sector
11 highway business units
1 corporate unit
1 logistics asset
3.892 km of highways administrated
352 million paying equivalent vehicles in 2020
R$ 331,9 million in net income - 14.3% more than 2019
Eco101 (ES and BA)
475.9km long | 47,875 million paying equivalent vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 2013 to 13-May-2038. The Company manages a 458.4km stretch of the BR-101 highway in Espírito Santo and 17.5km in Bahia.
25.5km long | 24,667 million equivalent paying vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 2015 to 31-May-2045. This unit manages the Presidente Costa e Silva Bridge (Rio-Niterói Bridge) and numerous access ramps.
364 km long | 33,374 million paying equivalent vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 2018 to 19-Jun-2048. This unit manages stretches of the BR-135, MG-231 and LMG-754 highways.
Eco050 (MG and GO)
436.6km long | 45,717 million paying equivalent vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 2018 to 6-Jan-2044. This unit manages a highway corridor spanning nine municipalities and providing a connection between the Federal District of Brasília and São Paulo.
Ecovias do Cerrado¹ (MG e GO)
437 km long | 2,594 million paying equivalent vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 2019 to 20-Jan-2050. This unit covers more than 400km, connecting the Southeast and Central Western regions, with R$ 2.1 billion in investments planned in the contract.
EcoRodovias Concessões e Serviços (SP)
Ecovias dos Imigrantes (SP)
176.8km long | 56,615 million equivalent paying vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 1998 to 2-Jun-2026. This unit manages the Anchieta-Imigrantes highway system, the longest import/export trade corridor in Latin America.
134.9km long | 73,415 million equivalent paying vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 2009 to 17-Jun-2039. This unit manages the Ayrton Senna and Carvalho Pinto highways (SP-070).
903m of berth | 13.6m of depth | 912,600 TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit) capacity | 176,903 m² of total area | Contract: 12-Jun-1998 to 11-Jun-2023. A multi-purpose model port terminal located on the right bank of the Port of Santos, meaning it is specialized in highly complex operations such as project load operations, vehicles and large equipment, as well as being a benchmark in container operations. Main services provided: Port terminal; importation and exportation customs storage; FCL (Full Container Load); LCL (Less Container Load) and LTL (Less Truck Load); REDEX; and transport.
Total area of 443,000m² | 100% paved | Static capacity: 1,225 trucks | Contract: 2007 a 16-Dec-2029. This is an inter-modal platform, considered to be the principal heavy truck control complex for the Port of Santos. Ecopátio offers its users a complete structure, including: a food court; barber’s shop; kids’ space; mechanical parts and services; electronics products; and entertainments.
Ecovia Caminho do Mar (PR)
136.7 km long | 17,410 million equivalent paying vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 1997 to 27-Nov-2021. This unit manages a highway that connects the metropolitan region of Curitiba to the Port of Paranaguá and the resort town of Praia de Leste.
387.1 km long | 25,733 million paying equivalent vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 2007 to 26-Nov-2021. The highway managed by this unit covers the BR-277 highway and 71.8km of state highways in the triple border region of Brazil-Argentina-Paraguay.
457.3 km long | 24,585 million paying equivalent vehicles in 2020 | Contract: 1998 to 3-Mar-2026. This unit manages the BR-116/RS and BR-392/RS highways, in the region of the Pelotas Roadway Hub and the Mercosul corridor.
- Shareholder contributions
- Generation of cash and revenue
- Raw materials for highway infrastructure
- Energy resources
- Development of leaders and talents, with special focus on diversity and inclusion
- Relations with neighboring communities
- Dialog with regulators and the concession authority
- Partnership and development of the supply chain
- Assets associated with the concession agreements - more than 3,000 km of highways and one active port
- Offices and a technology park
- Generation of ideas through InovaECO
- Innovations in payment methods, weighing of vehicles and operational control of highways
- Business planning anchored in social, environmental and governance aspects
- Incorporation of targets and commitments to sustainability issues
- Adhesion to international pacts and commitments
- Connection of all activities and relations with the Company’s values
- Promotion of the culture of ethics in all stages of the business, from contracting to investments
- Main focus on concessions + increased efficiency in the port operations
- Detailed study opportunities, with a focus on concession tenders and programs, guaranteeing the longevity of the concession portfolio
- A balance of geographic presence, conditions and investment needs in the concession agreements
- Generation of innovation and new levels of efficiency and quality in highway concessions services
- Responsible and sustained growth of the business, with strong and experienced shareholders
- Striving for efficiency gains and results in concessions
- Management of Capex and expenses to be able to join quality with results
- Economic and Financial Results consistent with the business’ potential
- Longevity of the Group
- Experience of concessions in the Brazilian market
- Innovation in management of highway assets
- Investments aligned with contractual conditions
- Collaboration on the improvement of the country’s highway infrastructure
- Technical qualification and opportunities for growth
- An environment that is inclusive and open to diversity
- Mobility in key regions of the country
- Opportunities for the fast and efficient transportation of cargo
- Safe, comfortable and smooth transportation
- Encouragement of citizenship and employability
- Environmental and professional education
- Generation of employment, wealth and opportunities
- Fair and integrated commercial relations
- Development and improvement of local suppliers
- Highways with a high-standard of road safety
- Pre-hospital treatment and breakdown services on the highways
- Control of environmental impacts (spills, accidents, etc.), avoiding damage to the biodiversity, land and water sources
- Real time monitoring of traffic conditions (weather, safety, flow)
- Development of innovative technologies and methodologies to resolve infrastructure and mobility problems
- Social projects that collaborate with local development
- Engineering projects designed to resolve logistics bottlenecks in the regions of activity
- Attention to those demands concerning the circulation of people and cargo at important points around the country
- Enabling of the optimization of the logistics chain in key sectors (flow of grains, tourism, industry)
- Operations capable of guaranteeing safety, flow and comfort for the users
- Connectivity and practicality (mobile applications, payment solutions) for those using the highways
- Port services that are smart, interconnected and customized to the users’ needs
To be the best and most sustainable highway infrastructure management operation in Brazil.
To create value through the management of highway assets in a sustainable, synergetic, ethical and innovative manner.
Collaboration: Synergy and cooperation between people and teams in the development of solutions.
Ethics: Integrity, transparency and equity in relations and operations, being plural and diverse.
Focus on results: Excellence, planning, commitment, efficiency and a synergetic business model in pursuit of sustainable results.
Initiative: Leadership, innovation and creativity to drive differentiated results that add value.
Sustainability: A mindset oriented to long-term growth, environmental care and the development of employees and society.